Wednesday, February 17, 2010

younger days, and then some...

When we are little kids, we are told by our parents--
*hey! dont touch that stove, its hot!!!*
*watch for cars when you cross the street*
*dont do drugs, they are bad for you*
etc, etc, etc...

Did we all listen? I can't TELL you how many times I heard this stuff, and more--did i always listen? ABSOLUTELY NOT. BUT--once we touch that hot stove, and we realize it hurt like hell, did we do it again? i sure didn't. I did the drug thing, sure. BUT-i regret every second of it for sure. D o I wish I wouldve listened--of course, but I had do to it on my own, before I realized how STUPID i was.

It saddens me though, when time and time again, I see ones that I love doing such stupid stupid things. I have a family member who was recently arrested this past friday--all of us in the family knew that this was coming sooner or later for him. I love this person dearly--but I guess I jsut dont understand. For me, when there is a negative, I truly believe there is a positive for every single one of those. Why take a negative, and leave it that way by doing STUPID things? Its saddening, and and disheartening at the same time.

Sometimes we need a lifes lesson. ANd I think that this is one of those times. I had to vent..and appreciate this is the way to do it.
until next time...

1 comment:

  1. ohhhhhh really i miss those days also when i hold my fathers hand during crossing the road,like to sit behind papas bike....but now days are changed..
    Ottoman beds

    ReplyDelete